If you’re planning a family visit to midtown Manhattan, we’ve got a secret spot to tell you about: Bryant Park. Surrounded by skyscrapers, the park is a green space full of activity that will entertain the kiddos, transport you back to childhood and give you the chance to do some holiday shopping.
Here are our 5 Top Picks for Fun at Bryant Park:
- Le Carrousel. Who can miss the chance to ride a vintage carousel This stunning merry-go-round is open year-round and it will only set you back $2 per ride.
- The Pond. It won’t be long before Old Man Winter arrives, but you’ll still find lots to do at Bryant Park. The Pond offers ice-skating at no charge!
- The Reading Room. Grab a hot chocolate and peruse the variety of children’s books at the Reading Room.
- Ping Pong. A family game of ping pong is sure to bring out the laughs. Best yet, ping pong paddles and balls won’t cost you a thing!
- Holiday Shops. Now through January 2, 2013, Bryant Park’s eclectic holiday shops are packed with treats for friends, family and even your cherished canine.
If you’re looking to experience midtown Manhattan like a local, pair at visit to Bryant Park with a stay at Hotel Mela. Hotel Mela is a boutique midtown hotel that’s located near the park and offers you a peek at midtown Manhattan living. There are several room layouts to meet your family’s needs and you can even bring Fido.
Bryant Park is located behind the New York Public Library, between 40th and 42nd Streets & Fifth and Sixth Avenues. It opens at 7:00 a.m. daily, but closing time changes seasonally. Learn more about Bryant Park.