Labor Day – Working Americans celebrate this national holiday in countless ways from backyard barbeques, one last day at the beach or public pool, and much to chagrin of children everywhere, even some back to school shopping.
No matter how you celebrate Labor Day, everyone can agree that it is the perfect time to spend with family and friends. Manhattan has its share of fantastic ways to enjoy the three-day holiday. Check out our list for some amazing Labor Day Weekend events in NYC – the unofficial end of summer.
Labor Day Weekend Events in NYC
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in Times Square – open Labor Day
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – open Labor Day, September 3 as part of the Met Holiday Mondays program
- 50th Anniversary Tribute to The Beach Boys, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons with The Driftwoods & The Jersey Four August 31 at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
- Brooklyn West Indian Carnival & Parade – September 2
- Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees August 31, September 1 & September 2
- Cirque du Soleil Zarkana – this limited engagement is only running through September 2 at Radio City Music Hall
- Electric Zoo Music Festival featuring David Guetta, Pretty Lights, Laidback Luke, Hardwell, Nicky Romery and more! August 31 – September 2 at Randall’s Island Park
Drive In Package Includes:
- Deluxe Room Accommodations
- Continental Breakfast for 2 in Saju Restaurant
- Valet Parking (a $60 value!) for 1 vehicle
- $10 MTA MetroCard per person
From everyone at Hotel Mela, we wish you a very happy Labor Day weekend! Visit our website and book your stay now for our Drive In Package or call directly to reserve, (212) 710-7000 or toll free (877) 452-6352.