Brew Up Some Fun. It’s time again for the NYC Craft Beer Festival, and you can bet it’s going to be an event you won’t want to miss! Meet new friends, taste new, exciting craft beers and hit the food court when your belly rumbles.
NYC Craft Beer Festival
When: March 30, 2013
Where: Lexington Avenue Armory: 68 Lexington Ave (between 25th and 26th streets) New York, NY
What You Need to Know:
- You must be 21 years old to enter- and regardless of your age be prepared to show valid ID.
- There are two General Admission Sessions: 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM.
- General admission tickets get you access to unlimited 2oz beer tastings of approximately 150 American craft beer selections and a souvenir tasting glass.
- A variety of food will be for sale in the food court that’s on-site.
- Expert seminars are open to all attendees on a first-come first-serve basis (50 spots). Seminars highlight various aspects of the craft beer industry like beer and food pairings, tastings and more!
- NO beer can be removed from the festival hall, and NO beer is available for purchase.
What the NYC Craft Beer Festival is All About:
- Do You Know Your Craft: Participate in a blind tasting of Craft alongside non-craft beers and see if you can tell the difference. A spirited discussion will focus on the official definition of “craft” beer, and what it may mean to you.
- Style Comparison and Tasting: The tasting will include 6 beers with 2 examples from each of the 3 styles being discussed.
- Learn the Essentials of Homebrewing with Bitter & Esters: Learn how to brew your own beer! You’ll learn all the basic brewing points and get directed to resources that will have you brewing your own beer in no time. No brewing experience? No problem; all are welcome!
Need a fab hotel to serve as your homebase? Hotel Mela is outfitted with amazing 26″ flat-screen LCD TVs, CD/Alarm clocks with MP3 connection, and even LaVazza Espresso Makers. Try the 400 square foot Desire Suite that accommodates up to four guests!