Top 5 Reasons To Visit Times Square
Times Square is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city. There are so many things to do there that visitors often make Times Square their first stop when they arrive in the city. Here are five reasons why Times Square is worth visiting.
- Discovery Times Square is a great place to go to learn and have fun doing it. This exciting museum was named among the top 10 in “Must See Global Exhibitions” by CNN. Some of its exhibitions include Shipwreck, Art of the Brick and Body Worlds.
- Broadway plays and musicals are performed every day in Times Square. At any given time there are many different shows running, especially during the holiday season.
- The Toys R Us in Times Square is the biggest one in the country and even boasts an actual Ferris Wheel in the center of the store. This multiple floor store is often the site of celebrity autograph signings and much more. Adults will love the Times Square Toys R Us as much as children will.
- Times Square is the site where many famous networks film their news and entertainment shows. The main offices for the MTV network are located here.
- The great selection of restaurants in Times Square often attracts tourists to the area. Fans of the Tom Hanks movie Forrest Gump will want to dine at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, a seafood restaurant whose theme is the iconic movie. There is also a Dave & Buster’s in Times Square, which is an adult version of Chuck E Cheese.
Tourists coming to NYC to explore Times Square should always stay at one of the many hotels in the area. These hotels are conveniently located near many forms of public transportation.